Posted in English, Portuguese

Buns, Coques and Pompoms

Question from iTalki:

Como se chama este tipo de penteado? Em inglês, chama-se “man bun” (pãozinho de homem), mas em português…?


According to Zico, it’s called “um coque” but that’s in Brazil, and in Portugal that means exactly what you think it would mean. In Portugal it would be “um carrapito” or “um pompom”. Oh and in case you’re wondering, a straightforward ponytail is called “um rabo de cavalo” which is a nice, literal translation = > easy!